- Eco-environmental effect of land use/cover change (LUCC) based on integrated ecological space: A case of Yangtze River Delta
- 1. 中国科学院南京地理与湖泊研究所, 南京 210008;2. 中国科学院流域地理学重点实验室, 南京 210008
- 1. 中国科学院南京地理与湖泊研究所, 南京 210008;2. 中国科学院流域地理学重点实验室, 南京 210008;3. 中国科学院大学, 资源与环境学院, 北京 100049
- 1. 中国科学院南京地理与湖泊研究所, 南京 210008;2. 中国科学院流域地理学重点实验室, 南京 210008;3. 中国科学院大学, 北京 100049
- Abstract：In the context of regional integration,the collaborative protection of ecological spaces and the assessment of its eco-environmental effect receive increasing scholar attentions.It not only has potential in better our understanding on the integrity and relevance of ecosystem,but also can help promote the inter-regional collaboration of ecological conservation.Taking the Yangtze River Delta (YRD) as an example,we simulated the regional ecological process and identified important ecological corridors with Minimum Cumulative Resistance (MCR) model from the perspective of ecosystem integrity.An integrated ecological space with 140 potential ecological corridors was detected across the region.Employing the data of land use from 2000 to 2018,we further analyzed the land use/cover change (LUCC) pattern of the afore-detected space and calculated the eco-environmental effect as well as its changes through designed eco-environmental index of different land use types.The results showed that the potential ecological corridors and integrated ecological space in the YRD were mainly distributed in central Jiangsu,southeastern Zhejiang and southern Anhui.Given the rapid sprawl of urban space,the proportion of forests and waters in the ecological space tended to decrease.Consequently,the eco-environmental quality in the YRD declined with land use intensity gradually increasing.More specifically,the eco-environmental quality in southeastern Zhejiang and southern Anhui was relatively higher and more stable.Other developed cities and the outer buffers of the ecological corridors showed higher increase in land use intensity as well.We therefore argued that the inner buffers of the ecological corridors with better eco-environmental quality were more suitable to be designed as the main body of integrated ecological space.Because these spaces were generally better protected and less occupied,and could thus effectively maintain the ecological security in the YRD.There was a negative correlation between pollutant emissions and eco-environment quality of the integrated ecological space,indicating less emissions could help maintain higher eco-environmental quality.However,their relationship varied across the region.Finally,we suggested that targeted measures should be proposed to promote pollutant emission reduction and ecological environment quality improvement.